Posts Tagged ‘scholarships 2012/13’
Applications are available at your local Great Valu Market for this scholarship program.
Each market will award $1000, and applications are available at each location.
Postmark deadline is March 1, 2013.
The Virginia Chapter of the American Fire Sprinkler Association (AFSA) sponsors an essay contest that high school seniors in Virginia are eligible to participate in. Scholarship amounts range from $500 to $1500.
To enter you must write an essay of 700 to 1000 words on this subject:
“Write a creative, interesting and convincing essay regarding the value and importance of automatic sprinklers in schools.”
Deadline is February 1st, 2013
I have application forms in my office!
The Horatio Alger Association has scholarships available at the state and national level.
Awards range from $5,000 to $20,000.
To be eligible you must have at least a 2.0 GPA and require financial assistance to go to college.
For more information, visit https://www.horatioalger.org/scholarships/index.cfm
Deadline to apply is October 25th, 2012.
- $5000 academic scholarship
- Available to graduating seniors whose parents/guardians are AAA Tidewater VA members
- Requirements: 3.0 GPA, two recommendation letters, transcript with SAT scores, and an essay about “How you plan to use your education.”
- Demonstrated financial need required
- Scholarships must be used at accredited colleges/universities in Virginia
- Deadline is April 14, 2013
Applications are available in my office!
This is a $1000 scholarship. Please see information from the website below…
- Registration begins September 14th and first drawing will be held on October 26th
- Free to enter and eligibility not based on GPA or financial need
- One entry per drawing, but students can register again for each drawing period
- Checks made payable to winner’s college of attendance
For more information, visit https://www.suntrusteducation.com/ScholarshipSweepstakes/index.html#